Saturday, November 22, 2008

Training for Mountaineering

I have found some information on the web that will be very beneficial to anyone wanting to make a dramatic change in their physical and mental self. It will help you to get into the best shape of your life! There is a lot of information out there to inform people of fitness matters, but I have found something that will help a couch potato, like me, to become a person great physical and mental strength. Training for mountaineering involves a huge commitment of time and energy. It will develop persistence and focus. I have modeled my own training after other mountaineers. If Denali or Everest, or even the Mexican volcanoes, are on ones mind as a future goal, then a long term training regimen might work best. I hope that after a few weeks to a month, then I will begin to notice major changes in myself.

Here is a link to Lou Whittakers web site concerning with training and conditioning. There is quite a bit of information on his site. http://www.whittakermountaineering.com/pg/training_conditioning

And another great link to Alpine Ascents International site on training for McKinley. The adobe files, Denali Training Chart and Program, are a carbon copy of my personal training schedule.
http://www.alpineascents.com/denali-train.asp

Lastly, I have included a link to a pdf file from the American Alpine Institute of the demands and physical conditioning required to climb a big mountain, such as Denali.
http://www.aai.cc/pdf_download/denali_phycond.pdf

I would hope that these links will inspire and provide someone with the basis to improve his or her self.

No comments: