Sunday, August 9, 2009

Is it really August 9th?


Tomorrow is my birthday and it looks like I will be working a split shift at work. At least I don't have to be in until 5am instead of the normal midnight sunday night routine! I was hoping to make another summit this weekend, but too many duties here at home. Next weekend is looking the same. 5th anniversary on friday, so no climb that night and a going away party saturday night. I am hoping to maybe do the incline saturday am before it gets too hot outside. Yes, it does get pretty hot here in Colorado. I made it finally to one of those REI garage sales here in the Springs. There was a ton of people and even more stuff than I imagined. I walked away with a saddle bag setup for our Golden, Sierra. Normal price was $60 and it cost me $30! Pretty good steal! It will take her some time to get use to it. Maybe next summer she can go up some 14ers with me. I am hoping to get out for a climb on the 21st and 22nd weekend, maybe Shav/Tab. And the following weekend, another climb, but not too sure where yet. For the time being, I am just training and getting prepared for the upcoming winter. Climbing will get much tougher this winter than the summer. More gear, more exposure, worse weather, and longer approaches make for a long and difficult day in the mountains. I plan on climbing Longs in September via the Keyhole route and then Torreys in October via Kelso Ridge route. Hopefully, time permitting, I'd like to give the North Face/Cables route on Longs a try this early winter or late winter, depending on snowpack. This fall should be spectacular in the Rockies, I just hope that I can get out there and enjoy it!

1 comment:

pnolans said...

Exceptional photograph!

Right up there with Art Wolfe or John Fielder!

Excellent.